Saturday, September 25, 2010

Gluttony

Did you watch the Supermarket Secrets documentary? Did anything surprise you? I noted that from the video it looked like the food system in the UK was the same as what I have seen in the US and Oz. Well, lo and behold, a report released this week by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development found that among the 33 most economically advanced countries in the world, the three with the fastest growing obesity rates were...you guessed it...the United States, Australia, and the United Kingdom. Coincidence? I think not. Here's a story about the finding in USA Today:

USA Today

In scripture drunkenness and gluttony are almost always paired together as an example of a person who is out of control. And yet for all the sermons and youth devotionals about the dangers of excessive drinking I've heard as a lifelong church goer, I have never once heard one on gluttony. And I probably need to. Looks like a lot of us need to...

No comments:

Post a Comment